. These are the terms and conditions on which we provide services to you, whether these are programs, courses, associated services or digital content.
. Why you should read them. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By accessing our websites you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree to be responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. If you do not agree to all of these terms, do not use the sites or services. You should periodically review the Terms and Conditions of Use for the most up-to-date version. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
Information about us and how to contact us
. We are Faith Leads University, registered in St. Petersburg, Florida, USA. Our registered office is at Suite 300 7901 4th
ST N, St. Petersburg 33702, Florida USA.
. You can contact us by calling +1 727 497-7450 (USA).You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. When we contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address provided to us.
“Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
. The application process. Once you complete and submit the online application form for a Program of Study, we will process your application, which must be submitted in English. If we approve your application, we will send you an offer letter which will confirm the details of your Program and Start Date. Acceptance of your application will take place when you accept our offer through the link provided; at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. Reviewed and updated 29 November 2020.
. If you are awarded Accreditation for Prior Learning, then the number of Credits that you require to complete a Course may be reduced and thus the Net Tuition Fees may be reduced – this will be set out in your payment plan.
You may end this contract and not be charged any tuition fees (or obtain a full refund less 15% administration fees if you have paid them) at any time up until 21 days from the Start Date of your Program (the Cancellation Period).
Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the Program you have applied for please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible.
Our rights to make changes
. Minor changes to a Course/these terms: We may change a Course/these terms:
- To reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- To implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, which will not affect the delivery of a Course;
- To ensure consistency with United States Higher Education sector practice and guidance, this may include renaming or improving Course materials.
More significant changes to these terms and conditions/ a Course. We may make the following changes to these terms and / or a Course. If we do, we will notify you at least 30 days in advance and if you do not accept the updated terms you may then contact us to end the contract as per section 8 of this document: YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT. For example, we may change these terms:
- To increase tuition fees annually to proportionately reflect the costs associated with establishing and providing the Course.
- To correct errors;
- By adding or removing optional modules;
- To make these terms and conditions clearer;
- If a third party imposes the change on us, such as amending a policy or procedure.
Updates to digital content. If the Course contains digital content (such as software or an eBook), we may update or require you to update digital content, provided that the digital content shall always match the original description.
. Acceptance of your place on your Program. By clicking on the acceptance icon on the online acceptance form, you are formally accepting your place on the Program and Start Date as set out in your offer letter. Acceptance of your offer also constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions.
. We are not responsible for delays or inaccessibility outside our control. If our provision of Courses is delayed or the learning platform is inaccessible due to an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimize the effect. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays or inaccessibility caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay or inaccessibility you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any part of a Course you have paid for but not received. Reviewed and updated 03 November 2020
. What will happen if you give us incorrect or fraudulent information: As part of our admissions process, we may require evidence of prior qualifications and work experience to assess your suitability for your chosen Course. If you give us incorrect or fraudulent information, we reserve the right to immediately end the contract and no refund will be given.
Reasons we may suspend the provision of a Course to you. We may have to suspend the provision of a Course, for example:
- To deal with technical problems or make technical changes;
- To update the Course to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- To make changes to a Course as notified by you to us (see section 5).
. Your rights if we suspend the provision of a Course. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending provision of a Course, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a Course if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for part of the Course that you have paid for but not received.
Your rights to end the contract
. You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have applied for, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see section 8.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about a Program, see section 8.3. You will be entitled to a full refund (less 15% administrative charge) if you cancel within the 21-day Cancellation Period. For undergraduate and graduate student loans or scholarships, no loan monies will be claimed from private loan bodies if you cancel within the 21-day Cancellation Period;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and the Cancellation Period has ended), see section 8.3.
. Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out in (i) to (v) below, the contract will end immediately and we will refund you less the administrative fee component of 15% for the Program that you have accepted a place on and paid for but not received. The reasons are:
- We have told you about an upcoming change to a Course or these terms which you do not agree to (see section 6.2);
- We have told you about an error in the fees and you do not wish to proceed;
- There is a risk that provision of a Course may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- We have suspended provision of a Course for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than three months; or
- You have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
Exercising your right to change your mind. For all our Programs you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. We give you an additional 7 days so you have 21 days within which to change your mind. If you are cancelling within the 21 day Cancellation Period then please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
. Please give us your name, student ID, details of the Course and where available your phone number and email address.
. Ending the contract where we are not at fault and the Cancellation Period has ended:
- You can withdraw from your Program at any time but you do not have a right to receive a refund if you change your mind once the 21-day Cancellation Period ends, unless you have paid in advance and section (ii) below will apply. Please see section 9.1.
- If you have paid your tuition fees in advance (applicable to only Undergraduate students) and decide to cancel the contract after the end of the Cancellation Period, then you will receive a refund. You will be refunded the advance payment in full but any component of your fees that pertains to your current year of study will not be refunded.
- If you are paying your undergraduate/graduate tuition fees by a loan or scholarship from a Federal or Private loan body, you should inform the organization that you have withdrawn from your Course and claim no further funding. Once installments have been paid by a Federal or Private Loan or scholarship body they are non-refundable and you will remain liable for the amounts paid even if you withdraw, transfer or suspend your studies at a later date.
How to withdraw from your program/course and end your contract
. Tell us you want to withdraw from the Program. To withdraw from your Program, and end the contract with us, please let us know by:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, Student ID, Program, phone number and email address.
- Fill out the Application Form for Refund of Fee Payment
If you want to end your contract with us during the 21-day Cancellation Period then please see section 8.2
How we will refund you. If you withdraw from your Program within the 21-day Cancellation Period, we will refund you any tuition fees paid (less a 15% administration charge) for the Program that you accepted a place on by the method you used for payment. However, after the 21- day Cancellation Period has ended we will not make a refund.
Please note that refunds will be made to the original tuition fee payer within 42 days of the receipt of the request for a refund.
Our rights to end the contract
. We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a Program or Course at any time by writing to you if you:
- Do not make a payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- Do not receive a loan approval by a Federal or Private Student Loan organization prior to the Program Start Date or if approval is withdrawn by a Federal or Private Student Loan organization during the duration of your Program.
- Provided false documents or information that is misleading or inaccurate which is sufficiently serious to have affected our offer of a place on your Program;
- Fail to meet the Minimum Study Requirement or you fail to meet the requirements of the Rules of Assessment;
- Have not complied with our policies or you are guilty of inappropriate conduct or are acting in a way that detrimentally affects the learning of others.
. If we end the contract in the situations set out in section 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for the Program you accepted a place on but we will deduct from that refund as reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of ending your contract, the discount for each month of study commenced between the Start Date and the date the contract ended. You will be refunded the remainder of the advance payment in full. Reviewed and updated 03 November 2020.
We may withdraw a Program. We will notify you of this as soon as possible and try to minimize any adverse impact on you. An alternative Start Date or full refund will be offered.
If there is a problem
. How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about a Course, please contact us. You can call us on +1 727 497-7450 (USA) or by emailing us at email@example.com
Your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to provide Courses that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Tuition fees and payment
. The Full Tuition Fees are advertised on our website: 15% of the fees component is for administrative purposes.
. Tuition fees are reviewed annually. We reserve the right to increase tuition fees for current students and apply applicable sales taxes.
. Our fees are priced in USD and can be made online. Alternatively, students from Nigeria have the option of paying into a naira (local currency) account. All payments made in respect of any tuition fees and other charges must be made in USD or naira. Any other currency conversion costs or other charges raised by the remitting bank when making a payment shall be borne by you or the third party making the payment on your behalf. Refunds will be paid in dollars or naira with the charges by the remitting bank being borne by us. We have discretion to agree any payment plan with you.
. If you withdraw from the Program and are subsequently accepted for re-enrolment, your remaining Net Tuition Fees will be chargeable at the current advertised rates on our website, which may be higher than your original fees.
You must usually pay your University fees in full for a session no later than 14 days after the start of the session. Undergraduates pay per year.
. Failure to pay fees and charges when due may lead to sanctions, including suspension or termination of Student Status.
Tuition fees are charged based on the Indicative Study Duration, which represents the standard length of time it takes to complete a Course. If you take longer than the Indicative Study Duration to complete your Course, there will be no additional fees charged and the maximum sum payable for your Course will still be the Net Tuition Fees, subject to any increases outlined in section 12.2
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the application process.
. We are not liable for business losses. We only provide Courses for domestic and private use. If you use a Course for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- To provide Courses to you;
- To process your payment for a Program or Course;
. We will share your personal information with:
- Other companies that are under the same ownership as us;
- Other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Professional, statutory and regulatory bodies;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 300 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website;
- Local representatives who may contact you directly on our behalf in some countries.
. You will need the following essentials to participate in our online Courses:
- Access to a PC or laptop and webcam;
- Headset with microphone;
- Ability to connect to the internet via a broadband connection;
- Word processing software, for example Microsoft Word.
. The above list is not exhaustive, and you may need access to additional equipment and/or software to study specific courses. If this is the case, it will be specified on our website and you will be advised of any additional requirements prior to the start of your course.
Our learning platform supports all the major modern browsers. However, for optimum performance we recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome
. Your web browser may have active pop-up blockers to suppress unwanted advertising. Similarly, you may be behind a content blocking device such as a firewall. It may be necessary to reconfigure or disable these. If you are accessing the learning platform from work or in a public place you may have to contact the system administrator to do this.
. Computer equipment and internet access costs. These are not included in our tuition fees and are your responsibility.
Other important terms
We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization. We will always tell you in writing if this happened and we will ensure that the transfer does not affect your rights under this contract.
Courses are not transferable between students.
Students must not make their online passwords available to any third parties.
You must meet the Minimum Study Requirements in any year of study Courses must be completed within the Maximum Period of Study outlined in the Rules of Assessment.
. Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide your Course, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
Your contract with the University, use of this website and any dispute arising is subject to the laws of the United States of America and the state of Florida.